DIOCESAN JOB OPPORTUNITIES
St Anthony - Youth Minister
We are in search of a new team member on our staff to take charge of Youth Ministry. This part-time position, paid hourly, focuses its attention in providing support and organization at St. Anthony. The scope of the position centers around planning, organization, communication, and execution of initiatives, youth nights, events, and projects within youth ministry This is a great opportunity for the right person. An exceptional candidate will possess fantastic organizational skills, be a pro-active/self-starter that identifies and anticipates upcoming needs, exemplifies strong computer/ social media skills and the ability to communicate effectively with other staff, parents, teens, and others who contact the Parish office.
- Coordinate youth program, projects, and events.
- Manage registrations for youth ministry offerings and offer supportive assistance for those registering
- Support in the set-up, supply gathering, administrative, and final preparation tasks of youth ministry events
- Assist in all aspects of youth ministry communications on programming, events, and sharing the ministry vision, which includes:
- Create digital and print marketing communications for intended audiences (teens, parents) using our email, website, and design tools/templates
- Create content (using graphic templates tools) to build a social media presence that engages youth in the mission of the church
- Any other duties assigned by the Pastor
Key Knowledge and Skills:
- Active in the Roman Catholic faith and commitment to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Roman Catholic Church
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to professionally communicate, minister to, and represent St. Anthony Parish
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn how to use, graphic design template tools such as Canva (knowledge of expert tools a plus, but not required)
- Experience in Microsoft office software and using database tools
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn to use, mass communication, website, and social media tools (Flocknote, Constant Contact, eCatholic sites, etc)
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and creative environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
Job Opportunity – Cemetery Office
The Diocese of Joliet Cemetery Office is seeking to hire Seasonal Cemetery workers (positions available in Joliet, Kankakee, and Wheaton). These positions consist of the performance of seasonal work in the cemetery for the maximum period as outlined in the union contract (March through October). A valid Illinois drivers’ license is required. Must be willing and able to perform tasks as outlined in the Cemetery Seasonal job description. To view job description, visit: https://www.dioceseofjoliet.org/hr/jobdetail.php?id=645.
Normal 40- hour workweek. Ninety-day (90) probationary period. Union membership is required. Conditions and pay-rate ($13.00 per hour to $15.00 per hour based on qualifications) as outlined in the current union contract. Seasonal/temporary with no benefits. Applicants meeting the necessary qualifications please submit cover letter, resume and/or application to: email@example.com. To mail resumes and/or applications, mail to: Office of the Director: 200 W. Romeo Rd. Romeoville, IL 60446.
St. Jude Parish New Lenox, IL
Maintenance Morning or Evening Full Time
Objective: to assist with the smooth operations of St. Jude Parish by keeping facilities clean, safe, and in good repair. Have primary responsibility for locking the facilities at night. (If choose night shift). To assist the other maintenance staff with major set-ups, snow removal, summer projects and weekend coverage of events.
-Work with Supervisor to complete all summer projects including by not limited to stripping and waxing all floors, cleaning desks and chairs and cleaning classrooms.
- Assist with repairs and maintenance as needed and authorized by supervisor.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Basic knowledge of cleaning and sanitation
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- Ability to recognize and set priorities
- Ability to see a situation that needs attention and act on it
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Basic knowledge of sanitation and chemicals is essential
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
If interested, please contact Doug Slusarski, Maintenance Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-474-5130.
Bookkeeper – St. Joseph Parish – Manhattan
POSITION AVAILABLE: Bookkeeper – PART-TIME
St. Joseph Catholic Church in Manhattan is looking for a part-time Bookkeeper. This position reports directly to the Pastor performing financial support services of the parish. Other responsibilities include accounts payable work, payroll preparation, maintaining the integrity of general ledger accounts and stewardship records. A potential candidate should have demonstrated knowledge of basic accounting principles and use of various computer software programs. A high-school degree is required with five years or more of bookkeeping experience. Being a person of faith involved in a local Catholic parish is preferred. This is a part-time position with up to 29 hours of work.
Interested candidates, please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Contact Nancy Siemers at Diocese of Joliet for more information at (815) 221-6100.
The Diocese of Joliet is seeking to hire a Communications Director. The Communications Director is responsible for developing and distributing content furthering the mission of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Joliet. This includes formulating and coordinating an overall communications strategy that enables the diocese to fulfill its mission internally and externally. The Communications Director is responsible for all media outlets including web communications, social media, and print as well as for facilitating communication with parishes.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in communications or public relations, along with a minimum of ten (10) years previous experience in public relations and communication in a comparable position
- Thorough knowledge of communication principles and practices with exceptional ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Skills in audio/video production
- Knowledge of church organizational and operations procedures
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills
- Impeccable copywriting and copy-editing abilities
- Ability to make presentations, provide training, mentoring, and supervising
- Able to maintain effective working relationships with parishes and schools, and the media; and must be able to handle multiple projects/priorities
- Since this is a ministerial position, must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing, and must know, profess and act consistently in accordance with the doctrinal and moral teachings of the Catholic Church, and with the mission, philosophy, objectives and policies of the Diocese of Joliet
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
To apply send your résumé and cover letter to Mrs. Nancy Siemers, Director of Human Resources for the Diocese of Joliet, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To view a full job description, visit; https://www.dioceseofjoliet.org/hr/jobdetail.php?id=638
Needed … Devout Catholic PreK-12 Substitute Teachers
During these challenging COVID days, each Catholic school in the Diocese of Joliet is successfully implementing face-to-face instruction that honors the health and safety measures outlined in within its School Reopening Plan. As a result, several Catholic educators are needed to serve as substitute teachers at the Pre-School – Grade 12 levels. The substitute teacher candidate must love children and hold either a current Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) or an Illinois Substitute License. Please complete an online application by clicking on the link below.
No degree in education? No problem!
If you are called to this ministry, a degree in education is not a prerequisite for becoming a licensed substitute teacher. An individual who holds a BA in any discipline is eligible to apply for an Illinois Substitute License through the seamless process of transcript evaluation. For further information about obtaining a teaching license in this manner, contact Karen Udell, CSO Assistant Superintendent of Leadership and Personnel, at 815-221-6123.