DIOCESAN JOB OPPORTUNITIES
St Anthony - Youth Minister
We are in search of a new team member on our staff to take charge of Youth Ministry. This part-time position, paid hourly, focuses its attention in providing support and organization at St. Anthony. The scope of the position centers around planning, organization, communication, and execution of initiatives, youth nights, events, and projects within youth ministry This is a great opportunity for the right person. An exceptional candidate will possess fantastic organizational skills, be a pro-active/self-starter that identifies and anticipates upcoming needs, exemplifies strong computer/ social media skills and the ability to communicate effectively with other staff, parents, teens, and others who contact the Parish office.
- Coordinate youth program, projects, and events.
- Manage registrations for youth ministry offerings and offer supportive assistance for those registering
- Support in the set-up, supply gathering, administrative, and final preparation tasks of youth ministry events
- Assist in all aspects of youth ministry communications on programming, events, and sharing the ministry vision, which includes:
- Create digital and print marketing communications for intended audiences (teens, parents) using our email, website, and design tools/templates
- Create content (using graphic templates tools) to build a social media presence that engages youth in the mission of the church
- Any other duties assigned by the Pastor
Key Knowledge and Skills:
- Active in the Roman Catholic faith and commitment to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Roman Catholic Church
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to professionally communicate, minister to, and represent St. Anthony Parish
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn how to use, graphic design template tools such as Canva (knowledge of expert tools a plus, but not required)
- Experience in Microsoft office software and using database tools
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn to use, mass communication, website, and social media tools (Flocknote, Constant Contact, eCatholic sites, etc)
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and creative environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
Part-time Bookkeeper - St. Margaret Mary Parish, Naperville, Il
St. Margaret Mary Parish in Naperville is seeking to hire a part-time bookkeeper. The bookkeeper provides day-to-day financial support services including accounts payable, payroll processing, bank deposits, parishioner contribution records, and provides occasional general office support. The bookkeeper assists and partners with the business manager. This is a nonexempt position that will require 25-29 hours per week. High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree or college coursework preferred. Previous bookkeeping experience required. Experience using accounting software, payroll, Excel, Word and Google Docs highly preferred. To apply, send resume to email@example.com.
Full-time Business Office Administrative Assistant
St. Mary of Gostyn Church, Downers Grove, IL
St. Mary of Gostyn Church is seeking an individual to aid the Business Manager and Pastor in managing the financial business of St. Mary of Gostyn Church and School. The candidate must have the ability to work independently and maintain strict confidentiality. This person will be responsible for overseeing the Sunday collection and making deposits, assist with school tuition and billing, process parish and school invoices, and oversee annual Catholic Ministries Appeal. Experience in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and accounting software a must. Bachelor’s Degree and Bookkeeping experience are a plus. To view a full job description, visit; The Roman Catholic Diocese of Joliet in Illinois. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Valerie Bava at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music Director – St. Jude Church, New Lenox, Il
St. Jude Church in New Lenox is seeking to hire a music director. This is a full-time, benefited position that reports directly to the Pastor. This individual will coordinate music for school Masses, holy days Masses, and special liturgies such as weddings, funeral masses, First Communions & Confirmations. Bachelor of Arts in Music or related field required. Must be proficient in piano and organ. Basic understanding and familiarity with Roman Catholic liturgy, liturgical years and rituals needed. To full a full job description, visit The Roman Catholic Diocese of Joliet in Illinois. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.