DIOCESAN JOB OPPORTUNITIES
St Anthony - Youth Minister
We are in search of a new team member on our staff to take charge of Youth Ministry. This part-time position, paid hourly, focuses its attention in providing support and organization at St. Anthony. The scope of the position centers around planning, organization, communication, and execution of initiatives, youth nights, events, and projects within youth ministry This is a great opportunity for the right person. An exceptional candidate will possess fantastic organizational skills, be a pro-active/self-starter that identifies and anticipates upcoming needs, exemplifies strong computer/ social media skills and the ability to communicate effectively with other staff, parents, teens, and others who contact the Parish office.
- Coordinate youth program, projects, and events.
- Manage registrations for youth ministry offerings and offer supportive assistance for those registering
- Support in the set-up, supply gathering, administrative, and final preparation tasks of youth ministry events
- Assist in all aspects of youth ministry communications on programming, events, and sharing the ministry vision, which includes:
- Create digital and print marketing communications for intended audiences (teens, parents) using our email, website, and design tools/templates
- Create content (using graphic templates tools) to build a social media presence that engages youth in the mission of the church
- Any other duties assigned by the Pastor
Key Knowledge and Skills:
- Active in the Roman Catholic faith and commitment to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Roman Catholic Church
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to professionally communicate, minister to, and represent St. Anthony Parish
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn how to use, graphic design template tools such as Canva (knowledge of expert tools a plus, but not required)
- Experience in Microsoft office software and using database tools
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn to use, mass communication, website, and social media tools (Flocknote, Constant Contact, eCatholic sites, etc)
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and creative environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church, Darien, IL
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church in Darien is seeking to hire an Accompanist/Choir Director. This person will be an accompanist and director for the 8:15 a.m. Mass Choir including Christmas Day, Holy Week, Easter, and any other liturgies at which the 8:15 a.m. Mass Choir sings. Must be able to organize and conduct choir rehearsals. Proficient on piano a must, proficiency on organ is a plus. Ability to sight read, play individual parts from choral score or chord/lead sheet, comfortable with teaching parts and leading preservice rehearsal. Must have basic understanding and familiarity with Roman Catholic liturgy and rituals. To view a full job description, visit www.dioceseofjoliet.org. To apply, please contact Dolores Timko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faith Formation Assistant – St. Margaret Mary Catholic Parish, Naperville, IL
St. Margaret Mary Parish in Naperville is seeking a Faith Formation Assistant as a resource to the catechists and Faith Formation Directors of our parish. Their work involves managing supplies, technology support and program setup in addition to assisting during class times. Familiarity with Catholic practices and tradition is necessary and experience with database (PDS), online platforms and office software is important. This 28-hour per week part-time position will require some flexible hours based on special events and the needs of the program. To view a full job description, please visit www.dioceseofjoliet.org. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
|Full-time Bookkeeper – St. Dominic Parish, Bolingbrook, IL
St. Dominic Parish in Bolingbrook is seeking to hire a full-time bookkeeper to aid the business manager and principal in managing the financial business of the church and school. Must have experience in Bookkeeping, bachelor’s degree is a plus. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality necessary. Experience using accounting software, Microsoft Office and Google Docs. To view a full job description, visit www.dioceseofjoliet.org. To apply, send cover letter and resume to Christopher Browne at CBrowne@stdominiccc.org.