IN THE CLASSROOM
St. Anthony Preschool is located in the Padua Center which is the building located behind St. Anthony Catholic Church. The Preschool has the use of 6 classrooms on the first floor located behind glass doors that are locked during school hours to ensure safety. Each class will consist of 13 children with 1 teacher and 1 teacher's aide. There are many times parents are able to sign-up and volunteer and enjoy time in the classroom with your child. Each classroom has its own bathroom and is fully furnished with learning centers for children to explore. Some centers you will see when you visit the classrooms are: Block Center, Dramatic Play Center, Art Center, Small Motor Center, Sensory Center, Writing Center, Math Center, and Reading Center. There is also a computer located in every classroom to further enhance your child's learning experience.
St. Anthony Preschool curriculum is dedicated to promoting the skills required for Kindergarten Readiness and future success in school. It is our goal to introduce these skills through lessons and activities based on age appropriate subject matter. Our staff is constantly updating our material to ensure that we are keeping up with the Diocese of Joliet Early Childhood Education Guidelines and the Illinois Early Learning Standards to meet the expectations for children entering Kindergarten.
Parent involvement is important to your child's success throughout their educational career. There are many volunteer opportunities available throughout the year. For the saftey of our children, following the Joliet Diocese Policy, each parent that wishes to volunteer in the classroom or at any of our events must attend a Protecting God's Children Workshop and pass a required background check.
School Hours: 9:00 AM - 12:00 P.M.
Regular Drop off begins at 8:50 A.M. outside the Preschool. Pick-up begins at 12:00 P.M. upon completion of the school day.
Regular drop off begins at 8:50 A.M. outside the Preschool. An Aide will be outside to walk your child into the building. The child will then begin their day in the classroom based on the outline below that will be themed around the teachers planned curriculum.
- Morning Prayer, pledge, weather, and calendar
- Circle time in which the teacher will cover religious, academic, or thematic topics of the curriculum through discussion, song, story, or activity.
- Projects will follow helping in the development of cutting, gluing, fine motor skills, and reinforcement of the curriculum topics.
- Gross motor time is used to learn and develop large motor skills. Weather permitting, the children spend time outside in our fenced-in play area.
- Music time is used to sing and practice rhythm skills.
- We ask parents to send a snack with their child every day. St. Anthony Preschool is a Peanut-Free School. The children will learn a snack prayer and the proper manners of enjoying their snack.
- Story time is spent sharing good books with our students.
- Free Play is time spent everyday when the children can socialize and engage in play at the classroom centers.
Our regular pick-up time is 12:00 P.M. Parents walk into the building and line up outside their child's classroom door. Arrangements are available for curb side pick-up if you would like your child to be walked out to the car. We also offer an after-school program for the 3 and 4 year old students.